Congratulations, on your new, beautiful set of lash extensions! There is a symbiotic relationship between you and your lash extensions. To maintain your lashes, please follow our simple plan to help maximize your results.
INITIAL 12-24 HOURS:
- Avoid getting the lashes wet for the first twenty-four hours following your lash extension application. This includes saunas and swimming pools.
- Also avoid suntan beds for the initial forty-eight hours following your application.
- Avoid oil-based skincare, mascara and cleansing products. Only water based (oil-free) products are approved. Oil-based products will affect the adhesion (possibly break it down) and cause the lashes to fall out prematurely. Also avoid oil-based eyeliner. Should mascara be worn, only approved lash extension mascaras are permissible. Oil-based and / or waterproof mascaras will interfere with the bond.
- Keep your fingers off your lashes! Every time you touch them, you are transferring natural oil and GERMS.
- Manual lash curlers are prohibited. Only, heated curlers are permitted.
- Grooming – Brush your lashes with a mascara wand to groom your lashes, ideally when your lashes are wet (out of the shower). The lashes are softer at that time.
- Use only heated eyelash curlers, as the mechanical curlers will break the bond. When using your heated eyelash curler, brush your lashes to smooth them all in the same direction. Use a clean mascara wand to support your lashes. Curl lashes in an upward motion.
- Use only powdered, liquid and gel eyeliner. Please inform your esthetician regarding your lashes when going for facial work. Caution is recommended when having services including lasers, chemical peels, hydroxyl treatments, or any other treatments involving acidic substances.
- We recommend that you apply protective coating once or twice per week. Particularly, if you have oily skin. This technique will protect and preserve your lashes as well as extend the life of your extensions. Furthermore, protective coating seals and hydrates the lashes as well as keeps them moisturized.
- The natural lash cycle is sixty to ninety days. When one lash falls out there is another lash growing in. Therefore, you will need regular fills (3-4 weeks) to keep your lashes looking beautiful.
When returning to your lash stylist for your touch-up, DO NOT wear any makeup or creams around the eye area. This will significantly cut down the time you spend at the salon.